| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.17 18:34:00 -
[1]
Sitting cloakded @ a ss with 50 in system (0.0): 37.3 fps steady
Camping station with 10 people outside the station and drones out, 50 in local, and a small bubble deployed: 22-25 FPs
Running on a MBP 2.5 proccesor 2gb ram
Running on Mac CLient.
|

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.18 00:26:00 -
[2]
Havent changed any settings on the esc menue except for the auto lock back feature. Did some some roaming with the fleet today (30ish pilots) and fps didn't go below 12 except when loading systems after jumping. And this is on the classic graphics.
|

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.18 00:30:00 -
[3]
however I did get the major graphic glitch where all the background space goes to millions of different colors and looks like i'm trapped in a massive cube in space (dunno if there is a term for this).
The overview and all ship controls were still visible and I was able to fly normaly. Note that fps did not drop during this graphic glitch. It only happens after Ive been playing for awhile... so I'm thinking it may have something to do with overheating.
|

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.18 20:07:00 -
[4]
More info for you...
Sitting in 0.0 with 109 in local camping a station... 30 ships on grid, drones out and a dictor bubble. Getting steady 25 FPS with moments ranging from 19-28 FPS
|

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.18 21:22:00 -
[5]
Yay FIrst fleet battle with a mac!
I turned all the effects off and noticed a boost in fps.
ALright the battle had about 60 friendly and 40 hostile all on a gate with dictor bubbles and drones out.
I had a constant fps of 11 with highs of 14 and spikes going down to 8 fps (but no freezes yay) was able to target, control weapons, and drones no with no problems.
|

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.19 00:40:00 -
[6]
hrmmmmm... yeah the difference in preformance is strange. I'm running on mac's latest version of the MBP not sure if that has something to do with it... Like differenct types of chipsets or proccesors between different generations of the MBP.
I did notice that zooming way out and turning off the effects gave a boost to FPS. Also having the least amount of chat/fleet windows helps greatly. (If I fly with no overview and all the chatboxes closed, fps jumps up to the 50's in space)
Have you tried reinstaling the client? Not sure if that will help but it's worth a try, EVE is weird like that.
|

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.19 00:46:00 -
[7]
ALso thinking that we might be getting different levels of preformance due to our respective locations. Do you play on a node that has a heavy load? I'm out in 0.0 where there are often times no players for several jumps.
|

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.19 04:26:00 -
[8]
I just changed the cashe option on the escape menue to "extrem" which is giving me better fps now. With this setting I'm getting 51 FPS constant.
|

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.19 18:09:00 -
[9]
Sweet, I'm glad it helped!
|

James Hetfeild
|
Posted - 2008.05.20 03:25:00 -
[10]
LOL freaky
|
| |
|